Centex OffRoad Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» D35 Lockrite Locker
Tools! please read EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 5:52 pm by pitbull78133

» 14 bolt disc brake stuff
Tools! please read EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 10:15 pm by sirtuffington

» mud Tires for sale
Tools! please read EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 10:01 pm by sirtuffington

» "The General" Jeep
Tools! please read EmptyThu May 08, 2014 8:11 pm by Silverback

» Toyota Doubler - Marlin 23 Spline, Longfield 300M output, crossmember.
Tools! please read EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 10:21 pm by Silverback

» Aussie Locker for a D35 C
Tools! please read EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 9:35 am by pitbull78133

» 8.8 Bracket kit for ZJ
Tools! please read EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 7:32 am by pitbull78133

» 4.10 Gears for 8.8
Tools! please read EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 10:05 am by pitbull78133

» Wheels, Tires and Locker for sale
Tools! please read EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 10:04 am by pitbull78133

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 261 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:20 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

Tools! please read

+6
"Deuce"
jackson76550
YjMike
Carter
The Scourge
ColtsXJ
10 posters

Go down

Tools! please read Empty Tools! please read

Post by ColtsXJ Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:09 pm

my free ride with tools is coming to a close here in a week so ill need to purchase a 1/2" and 3/8" impact guns along with shallow and deep socket sets. if you are willing to part with them for a decent price (the snap on guy wanted ~900 for it all Shocked ) please let me know.

ColtsXJ

Back to top Go down

Tools! please read Empty Re: Tools! please read

Post by The Scourge Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:05 am

Go to Wal-Mart and get the 101 piece kit, $49.95. You dont want to outclass your ride with a tool bag do you? wait a second........................... Twisted Evil
The Scourge
The Scourge
Core Member
Core Member

http://www.myspace.com/crawlingchaosprod

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtsXJ Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:34 am

its for work and walmart tools wont last more than a week Razz

ColtsXJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Carter Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:38 pm

Some of the Harbor Freight shit is okay. I feel you on the Snap-on tools. I just can't let mine go! If I hear of anything I will let you know.
Carter
Carter

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtsXJ Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:20 pm

thanks that would be awesome. ive been looking around on craigslist and most people are wanting to sell their box and everything in it as a package. if i had 3 grand laying around id do it but making 8 bucks an hour and living on your own doesnt allow you to have much money to spend on tools Sad

ColtsXJ

Back to top Go down

Post by YjMike Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:56 pm

Hate to say it but your best bet may end up being a pawn shop if you are limited on ca$h.
YjMike
YjMike

https://www.facebook.com/michealhamlett

Back to top Go down

Post by jackson76550 Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:49 pm

8 bucks an hour and you gotta provide the tools? id stay off the tool truck until your making a lot more. say......twice as much

i own a LOT of snap on tools. purchased them all off the truck new. and my snap on box holds tools the same as any other box. my snap on screwdrivers break the same as any other cheap screwdriver. my snap on sockets are no stronger than anything else. i dont even use my snap on ratchets anymore, they are pretty crappy compared to my wal-mart stanley ratchet that has outlasted them 5:1. sure the snap on stuff has a warranty.......but the snap on dealer here shows up when he feels like it. and when hes paid off your lucky if you see him again. other cheaper tools have a warranty as well

the only snap on tools im proud of are the flank drive plus wrenches. but a 13mm is about 25 bucks........1 1/8" is about 75 bucks. do the math on what a set of wrenches will cost you. so they better be bad ass.

guess my point is......for what ive paid in tools over the last 10-11 years. i could have paid off my house. and for the most part everything i do can be done with a wal mart hand tool. wal mart tools are designed for the 8 dollar an hour tech Very Happy

if i could do it again... i would not buy the fancy snap on stuff again. it sucks to have a great deal of your paycheck go to pay for tools just so you can make money..... to spend on a tool payment. so much more money can be put in your pocket if you keep away from the tool trucks. but i know you can score a couple of cool points with a snap on box though....right?

now i would spend some money on some quality air tools. ingersol is my favorite, again ive had the snap on impacts and been disappointed.
jackson76550
jackson76550

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtsXJ Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:26 pm

my ratchet set is Husky and the rest like wrenches are in the craftsman range. like you said id like to get some decent quality air tools though. not much experience with all the brands out there though but this is helping. i hate this job but its only temp till i go back to school

ColtsXJ

Back to top Go down

Post by "Deuce" Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:44 am

Hey, Colt. I got a 300-piece Craftsman set, with 1/2", 3/8", and 1/4" drive sockets, a full set of screwdrivers, and a full set of vice-grips from Sears for about $270. Craftsman quality, and a lifetime warranty......replaceable at any Sears nationwide.

jackson76550 wrote:
sure the snap on stuff has a warranty.......but the snap on dealer here shows up when he feels like it. and when hes paid off your lucky if you see him again.

Reason #1 that Craftsman > Snap-on. I'd much rather run to Sears, show them the broken tool, and get a new one, than have to track down the Snap-on guy and pray he shows up. I will say that the Kobalt tools you get from Lowe's aren't too bad......but you'll never hear me say a good word about Snap-On.
Tools! please read 129-29
"Deuce"

Back to top Go down

Post by Carter Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:53 am

Crafstman tools are good so are your Husky tools. Thats all you need. Plus I have been having problems with the new Snap-on stuff. When my Snap-on impact took a crap on me they wanted 150 to rebuild it. Fuck that, I paid 600 for it! I could go out and buy a brand new Craftsman impact for 150. I will see if I have any duplicates laying around. If I find something I will PM you.
Carter
Carter

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtsXJ Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:34 pm

well if anyone cares i got ahold of just about all the tools i needed along with a box for a grand total of 350 bones. we'll see how long it all hold together lol!

ColtsXJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverback Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:48 pm

Sounds like a good deal.. what brand?
Silverback
Silverback
Founding Member
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtsXJ Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Harbor Freight Special lol! lol! lol! lol!

well im not done actually. there are a few things im getting from snap on such as an air chuck, 100# torque extension, hexane bottle, oil filter claw (they had one but not big enough for diesels) and the little electric 1/4" gun.

for the price im happy and honestly if it breaks thats fine. ill upgrade to higher quality as i go so i dont have to drop a big load of cash at once.

kinda sucks going from 15 grand worth of tools to 350 bucks worth hahaha

ColtsXJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Flippin Froggy Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:04 pm

Honestly if you have not bought the snap on stuff...DONT we do the work on all our shit, and everything snap on we either broke or gave to the 3 yr old because it really pisses a person off when you use a tool with a fancy name and it breaks. We only use Craftsman or Habor Freight. We have fried one impact now from Sears and they had no issues replacing it even though it was like 5 years old.

Snap on is only a name, and if you have the spare money to spend go ahead but you will not catch me with snap on unless its gave to me.

Flippin Froggy

Back to top Go down

Post by phoenyx Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:03 pm

Sorry but i'd have to agree with everyone else on this one. Snap on... more like snap off... I can't find better quality tools other than Craftsman. And the warranty is awesome. If it breaks, you take it in. They replace it on the spot. If they don't have that model, they have to give you the next model up, but they HAVE to replace it. Go with craftsman dude.
phoenyx
phoenyx

Back to top Go down

Post by makanic9 Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:52 pm

I like my snap on stuff.
What sucks is today my snap on tool box was being moved by a wrecker service from one Lambs auto garage to another and on it's way it fell over on the flat bed.
Tomorrow the owner of the wrecker services and the snap on dealer I got from are going to look at.
But most guys I work with like the snap on stuff. Not everything they make is great but I have not had a problem getting broken stuff swapped out.
makanic9
makanic9
Founding Member
Founding Member

http://www.texas4x4.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtsXJ Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:01 pm

thanks again for all the input. i got to play around with everything today and so far im quiet pleased with what ive bought. thanks to another friend who lent me some things i will not have to buy anything from snap on or matco. yay for saving money!

ColtsXJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down